Effective Governance in a Multi-Academy Trust
For NLGs in the East of England
Friday 10th May 2019
9.30am to 4pm (lunch provided)
Trumpington Park Primary School, Hobson Avenue, Trumpington, Cambridge, CB2 9EG
This one-day session is designed for National Leaders of Governance in the East of England, covering the effective governance of Multi-Academy Trusts.
With over 1,400 MATs across the country, MATs are an important part of the school system. In overseeing multiple schools, the governance responsibilities of Trustees are wider ranging and more complex than in a standalone school, especially when considering compliance and educational/financial accountability.
This session will cover the following content:
- MATs within the school system
- Strategic choices for MAT Boards
- Roles and responsibilities in a MAT’s governance structure
- The implications of growth for governance
- Board responsibilities in the Academies Financial Handbook
- School improvement at scale within a MAT
- Supporting MAT Boards with common governance issues
Book your place for Effective Governance in a Multi-Academy Trust
This form should only be used to book your place for this one-day course. You must be a National Leader of Governance in the East of England to be eligible.
Questions marked (*) are mandatory. Some are required by the Department for Education as part of their contract and others will help Govern Ed meet your needs.
When you have sent your booking request, our team will be in touch with confirmation and joining instructions.